Slugs and Snails HATE it! SAFE to children, pets and wildlife
- Unique copper treated fabric that creates a barrier
- Used by professional growers
- Ideal for protecting all susceptible garden plants
- Re-usable - lasts for several years
What is Slug & Snail Shocka!?
Slug & Snail Shocka! is a fabric that has been impregnated on one side with a special formulation containing copper. Professional growers use this copper fabric in the production of container grown trees, shrubs and perennials. Growers noticed that in areas where this fabric had been used there was an absence of slugs and snails. When slugs and snails attempt to move onto Slug & Snail Shocka! they feel discomfort, similar to silver/tin foil on amalgam fillings in the mouth. Slugs and snails normally move away usually leaving a slime trail, others will try not to move so as to prevent further discomfort. Slug & Snail Shocka! does not kill slugs or snails but creates a barrier. Pets, wildlife and children will not be affected when they move over it. Slug & Snail Shocka! can be re-used as it will last for more than one season.
How To Use
Ensure the following when laying down Slug & Snail Shocka:
- Slugs and snails are removed from plants to be protected
- Plants in pots - remove any slugs or snails within the pot. They are usually found in clumps near to the edge of pots, see picture on the right
- Do not allow plant leaves to hang over the edge of the fabric as slugs and snails could move onto the plant without going onto the Shocka!
- Remove any debris on Shock!, eg soil & leaves, as this reduces its effect as a barrier
- Lay the dark side facing upwards
Where To Use
Protects many susceptible plants including hostas, patio plants, strawberries, lettuce, vegetables and many other plants.
Cut out a mat to size or use a disc and place under pot and ensure there is a 10-15cm (4-6 inches) barrier around the pot.
Price: £5.99 (Including VAT at 20%)